Sunday, May 21, 2006

And for those of you wondering about Ethan

We have a neurosurgery appointment at 10 am in the morning (Monday 22 May 2006).

Ethan has a condition called Tethered Spinal Cord. The outward sign of this is visible on his back at his sacrum. The little fleshy lump is called a Lipomyelomeningocele. Yeah, whatever, just fix it.

It sounds like we can have this stuff taken care of fairly easily, but I've stopped relying on the expertise of general physicians. Their lack of knowledge in this area leaves them presenting hypothesis that wind up being contradicted. This is usually just after we begin to let the info settle in.

For tonight, all I can do is pray. Your help would be appreciated.

2 Comments:

At Mon May 22, 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Gavriel said...

Sorry I didn't see this til now. You'll be in my prayers (I hope it is as "minor" as it's possible to be for a little kid). I tried googling but got mumbo jumbo I couldn't make out.

Love,
Family in Israel.

 
At Tue May 23, 03:41:00 PM, Blogger bananzattack said...

I am still praying even though I caught this post a day late. Sending love! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home