Saturday, February 04, 2006

Taking an airplane out for a spin with a military student.

T-37 Tweet; the aircraft described in the post linked in the title.


"With a heavy shudder, the world stopped rotating and I jammed the throttles forward as I reefed back on the stick to gain altitude. The lowest we got, I think, was 11,500 feet. Tigre said not a word as the nose pitched up and the altimeter reversed. Passing back into our altitude block I turned my head to look at him. His face was white through his helmet visor."

"Woo hoo! That was fun, wasn't it!" I shouted through the intercom.


As I read that, it reminded me a bunch of the feelings and experiences I accrued as a freefall No that isn't me; my jump photos are mostly pre-digital.  I'll work on scanning some for laughs.and tandem skydiving instructor. We had a few folks who made it passed the minimum qualifications and were passed on to more EXCITING adventures.

As tandem instructors the world over say, "I don't care what you do, but if you grab my hands, I'll head-butt you to death!"

Whee. One day, I'll post some fun stories. The first will be about the female tandem student who vomited in my mouth at about 4000 feet (and never apologized) (Taco Bell quesadilla for lunch; I'll never forget it).

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home