Sunday, February 05, 2006

Of Marriage, Memory and Mere Clarification

As I mentioned in a fairly fresh post, my wife and I went to a marriage seminar this weekend. Also this weekend, I posted a little blurb about how I can relate to being an instructor in an aviation discipline. I won't pretend my experience was nearly as serious or valuable as Major Lucky from DesertOdyssey, but I can still relate. The photo of the jumpers in that post was a fairly random one, I was not in the picture.

Thanks to a confluence of thought and weekend activities (which also included a winter-spring cleaning), I found and scanned an actual picture of me in freefall. It is one of my favorites. My wife, in the middle, was doing her first jump. I am the Main Side Jumpmaster, on the left (the little orange pvc thingy on her hip is her main ripcord (my main reason for being RIGHT THERE!).

It should be noted, however, that though she is now my lovely and wonderful wife (and mom for our kids), this day was the day we met.

Sometimes I miss who we used to be, but then I look in on our sleeping daughter and it fades.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 06, 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Gavriel said...

That was your first date and it was all downhill from there?

 
At Mon Feb 06, 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Our first "real" date was later that week. I was paid to hang out with her for the photo. Twenty five bucks, the hard way.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home