Monday, February 27, 2006

Move along; nothing to see here.

And even if there were, I've got no time for sightseeing.

So last night, I got called to work so that I would arrive in Seattle (Kent) between 2 and 3 am. No sweat; I left the house at 10 pm. Upon arriving at the yard, I grabbed my tractor and trailers and off I went into the dark rain.

Upon arriving at Seattle FedEx's Yard, I wound up waiting almost two hours for my next set of trailers. Then I got to drag them 19 miles to Tacoma. Whee.

I had been following the weather regarding the mountain pass that exits Seattle to the East (Snoqualmie)(don't bother trying to pronounce it). Ick. Snow? Freezing rain? Chains were not yet required, but then again I was slated to take two empty trailers to Pasco (Southeastern WA) to lay over.

I was unable to talk the dispatcher out of my taking both trailers (besides, I hadn't done a five mile long power-slide-with-a-60-foot-tail in several days. Pulling empties can be more challenging in weather; tires that are designed around supporting a heck of a lot more weight wind up floating over the road very easily. Maintaining forward motion can be difficult. Come to think of it, so can stopping. It is easy for the brakes to over-react on winter roadways. Oh, well... I set off to have some fun. It was.

Apologies for a lack of photography, but I was a bit busy.

Well, back to the title of the post. Pasco. Tri-Cities. Hmmm... Nothing of import is immediately obvious (save for the hotel pillows; man, I was tired).

I am only here for 10 hours so I won't be going through the Hotel's tourist rack of brochures or pining after a visit to the world's second largest ball of twine.

It is just as well. The sooner I'm out of here, the sooner I can get home to My wife and little girl. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home