Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Even though this one didn't emerge from Denmark..

Something is Fishy here. Hmmm...

Could this be one of those hoaxes? But, I pulled the story from Drudge .


I don't mean to question anyone's patriotism or support for the troops. As a matter of fact, I think the people who donated the funds had the best motives. I do think it is odd that it is being broadcast as a for-sure thing (read; fact)that he owed the $700.

Or could someone be avoiding an obvious inaccuracy that changes the story. Maybe that kind of thing would be located about 70% down the page, after the Democrat hystrionics.

What the article said to me, if I read the quotes correctly:



When he turned in his gear last week, Rebrook said he was told to pay nearly $700 or face not being discharged for weeks. The bill included a $570 charge for his Kevlar vest and gear destroyed in battle, and $130 for other lost items.



It sounds to me like the Army offered him an option, pay to save a few weeks of chasing paper trails, or wait a bit and have all be forgiven. It is still quite an obtuse sounding story, but I wonder... is there anything else that is being ignored?

I am glad that Lt. Rebrook is alive and getting better. May health and happiness find him again.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home