Saturday, March 26, 2005

A week already

Hey all:

Busy week. Work had me stapled to my chair for a bit. I did, however, manage to pluck myself away for a 5 oclock in the morning class called, oddly enough, P.E.. What an awesome idea. I plan to attend next Wednesday as well.

Why was P.E. so effective? First, I forgot my note (heh). Really, though, the best parts involved an absence of annoying base and throb music as well as an opportunity to interact with other members of the class. Fernando was stuck as my partner. It was good to actually chat rather than just stay a half beat behind and out of breath.

After two circuits of varied exercises around the basketball court, we played some bastardized version of capture the flag (there were six nerf balls in any of three hula hoops on the court) and all players wore flag football belts. With time being precious in the class, I believe we skipped the rules. Heck, thats OK, my brain was writing anaerobic checks (my body couldn't cash them).

In Bob Eucher style, I managed to become my own hero by diving across the court to stop an opponent from scoring. I failed, but looked tremendous as I bowled over others. Yeah.

It has been a long time since I actually enjoyed being painfully out of breath with parquet floor screeeeech wounds to my legs. Maybe it is more fun looking back on it... I don't think the doubled over drool stance was that much fun at the time (wheeeeze).

In other news...what the heck is wrong with me? I had a client call me and cancel his transaction today. I even think it was the right decision for him right now. Cool.

I think it may have triggered "comfort food binge man" to awaken and return from Monster Island. So what did I eat today?

This evening I ate 3 corndogs, two bags of buttered microwave popcorn, a can of chunky soup with a complete tube of saltines, and two super huge bowls of Honey Nut Cheerio's. ...And I didn't walk the dog...Ugh.

As I ushered at church today, I noticed an awesome idea that was incorporated into the service. Usually, the background for the projection of the worship song lyrics is candles or clouds or colors. Today, it was a live feed of an artist painting an Easter themed canvas. She did so in full view of everyone up on the...uh...stage?...in real time.

As we were collecting the offering and singing the last praise song, she painted in calligraphic style, "It Is Finished" on the bottom of the work. We had watched this take shape for the last hour and a bit, starting with seemingly abstract and random color selection and ending with a cross, thorns and nails. It is difficult to monitor the wicker baskets with tears in my eyes.

More soon.

1 Comments:

At Sun Mar 27, 06:55:00 AM, Blogger Gavriel said...

Dude, if you're going to only blog once a week, then blog on the good days, not the days when you "ate 3 corndogs, two bags of buttered microwave popcorn, a can of chunky soup with a complete tube of saltines, and two super huge bowls of Honey Nut Cheerio's." No wonder you didn't walk the dog, it was probably hiding.

Here's what you do:

6 days a week, you hoover everything you can find. If you can catch it, eat it. Knock yourself out. But on the 7th day (catch my drift here?), some alfafa sprouts in a light vinnagrate, a wedge of grape fruit, and some miso soup. Then blog it. Got it? That's how you run a diet blog.

Take it from me (I don't even try).

On that note:

I (me) hereby challenge you (yourself) to an online diet. I propose our quest is to jointly lose 100 pounds in less than one year. Weekly or bi-weekly weighins, results posted in blogs. What do you say? What do we have to lose? :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home