Sunday, February 27, 2005

Is a hard starting chain saw a rowing machine?

The gym itself is still eluding my schedule, however, we continue down the path to catching up with home maintenance. Five days of sunshine in Oregon were about to come to a close and the grass was patchy long. In my current state, I am going to count five and a half hours of yard work as a workout, (especially the chain saw; but it sure is fun once it starts).

But what the heck am I doing up at 3 o'clock in the morning? My eye is still giving me the screams. Anybody ever heard of episcleritis? My right eye is swollen in areas that I can't even see, so I can't look from side to side. The doctor put me on cortisone eyedrops, but after two weeks he switched to a cream. He said my eye wasn't staying in contact with the steroids for long enough; I told him I could go to a baseball game.

For Sunday, our rock climbing wall tradition is still on hold, as I have to work immediately after church. I miss going, there is something in it that helps my marriage. We belay each other, and it improves our trust in the relationship. (Reagan said, "Trust but verify"; I still look at her knots) (The first repel each time, I wonder if the rope will support me)

I mentioned my bike handlebars in an earlier post; got em tightened.

My wife's car is again a comfortable fit inside the garage (power tools on the inside, and the size of my truck prevent me from using my side). The dumpster is gone, but we are debating getting another so as to facilitate rebuilding our deck and chucking the gazebo that surrounds the hot tub (we have always hated that monstrosity).

Gotta go for now, thanks for the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home